If you are joining us for the first time…WELCOME! We hope you’ll enjoy your visit and subscribe (it’s free) to receive updates on what we are doing. There is a contact button that allows you to contact us at any time with questions, suggestions or if you’re displeased. We want to hear from you.


This blog originated in 2020. With the advent of Covid-19, I found myself locked in my house with my three-year-old wired hair Dachshund, Twoee. She taught me a lot during that first month and stayed by my side while we jumped from one thing to another…experimenting as we went along.


The site is arranged into four categories, each indicated by a picture of Twoee on the left. After all she did inspire me.


Penne’s Pantry

Cooking came late in life to me. After spending my career in boardrooms across the United States I found that I truly loved being at home in the kitchen. Here you will find recipes, videos of food preparations, and tips on cooking in general.


Trips and Tips

I love to travel, so stories came naturally to me. Read about various encounters I had along the way through some exciting cities in Europe.


Twoee Tails

Here you will find stories about Twoee. Read about her run for presidency in 2016, her adventures with her pals, and how she got involved with Covid-19.


Writers’ Workshop

Keep up to date with the novel that I am writing…if I ever get it finished; and various other short stories.

What's in Twoee's Freezer 1-25-21

With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching and the fear of “Covid Contact” I thought I’d share a memorable Valentine’s Day from the Past.

 

I’d been four years into widowhood when I decided it was time to date.  After a couple of years of what my friend, Willis, called “Working my way through the Kittie Hawk,” (I dated a lot of guys) I had settled on one man…John. Willis had taken upon himself to be my protector, my confidant, and above all else, my authority on the opposite sex. Even though he was thirty some odd years older than me, it didn’t matter.  Willis was my best friend.

The previous year I had cried to him, “I want to get married.  I’m tired of doing everything, I want to be taken care of…” 

“How come you want to tie yourself down?” Willis said.  “If I were single, I’d never get married. Why buy the cow when the milks free? You got it all kid. You just don’t know it.”

             A year later on Valentine’s Day, John had shown up at my door dressed in a fine tailored suit. His car was washed and he was taking me to a very fancy restaurant. That in itself made me edgy.  John was frugal when it came to spending money. VERY FRUGAL.

The valet took our car and the maître d’ held the door. People looked our way as we were ushered to a table with a dozen red roses in the center.  It was the only table with a bouquet of roses. The women in the room sent their nods of approval to John. I broke out in a cold sweat.  I wanted this to happen last year…not this year.  I was finally happy with my life.  My head tighten. 

“We’ll have the chateaubriand for two,” John told the waiter.  “Oh, and bring us a bottle of the featured wine.” 

I seldom if ever drink.  The waiter brought a chilled silver stand to hold the unopened bottle of wine.  He draped a cloth over his forearm, picked up the bottle and with great flare pulled the cork. He poured a generous amount into my glass.  Before he finished filling Johns glass, I had emptied mine. Both men stared at me.  I smiled. The waiter looked at John.  John shrugged his shoulders. The waiter refilled my glass.  I gulped it down. He filled it a third time.

“Ah, I’d like to propose a toast,” John said, raising one eyebrow indicating it was time for the waiter to stop pouring and leave.

My head pounded so hard that the only word I heard was propose.  This can’t be happening, I thought. I started at his face and it swirled in and out of focus.  Whatever you do, John, do not get out of your chair, my mind screamed.  People were looking. He can’t do this…not now…

“To the prettiest girl in the room,” he said. “Happy Valentine’s—.”

I downed more wine and between the pounding in my head said, “Hoppy Vowrentines daaay!” while trying to raise my empty glass. The migraine had grabbed my entire body and the best I could do was a little up motion. John pushed his chair back. Oh, No! Don’t get down on one knee…no..no..no! My vision blurred as I looked for a getaway to the door.

The waiter returned with our dinners, placed a large plate in front of me and shot a glance at my empty glass.  “Shall, I bring you another bottle sir?”

The smell of the food and the mention of wine made my stomach churn and my brain explode.  I was about to hear words that I could not handle. I heard Willis…You got it all kid! There was only one way out.

“Can you take me to the hospital?”

Looking back, I’ll never know if he truly was going to propose.  He took me to the emergency room and I spent the rest of the night on an IV drip of a concoction of drugs to relieve the migraine. 

And you think Covid could ruin Valentine’s Day?

What’s in Twoee’s Freezer? 1-25-21 

We are presently taking orders for Valentines Day. 


 
This week we are featuring Sparc’s Spectacular Stracciatella Gelato!  If you’ve ever been to Italy, it’s a good bet you’ve tasted Stracciatella Gelato!  An extra creamy tres leche gelato laced with spears of dark chocolate that melt on your tongue.  Bellissimo! 

Bula’s Banana Bark-The rich taste of banana and chocolate explodes in your mouth as chocolate truffles swirl through the banana cream. 

Lucy’s Limoncello- A true lemon lover’s ecstasy.  It will pucker your lips. Laced with Limoncello in a creamy lemon base.

Clara’s chocolate peanut butter-if you like peanut butter cups, you’ll love this ice cream.  Three different chocolates blended together with peanut butter.  Add to that bits of peanut butter cups that melt in your mouth.

Toby’s Tail Waggin’ Toffee-Rich caramel ice cream explodes with the flavor of pecans steeped in maple syrup and bits of bittersweet and milk chocolate. You’ll think of English Toffee when you taste this ice cream.

Louise’s Luscious Espresso Latte – For the purest of espresso lovers, Louise’s Latte, will satisfy your love for your first cup of coffee, and its smooth texture will enhance your coffee experience.

Piper’s Peppermint Paddy-Just as your taste buds are savoring the essence of fresh peppermint, hidden in the folds of a velvety texture, your treated to rich dark chocolate spears add to the excitement of this blend.

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts