If you are joining us for the first time…WELCOME! We hope you’ll enjoy your visit and subscribe (it’s free) to receive updates on what we are doing. There is a contact button that allows you to contact us at any time with questions, suggestions or if you’re displeased. We want to hear from you.


This blog originated in 2020. With the advent of Covid-19, I found myself locked in my house with my three-year-old wired hair Dachshund, Twoee. She taught me a lot during that first month and stayed by my side while we jumped from one thing to another…experimenting as we went along.


The site is arranged into four categories, each indicated by a picture of Twoee on the left. After all she did inspire me.


Penne’s Pantry

Cooking came late in life to me. After spending my career in boardrooms across the United States I found that I truly loved being at home in the kitchen. Here you will find recipes, videos of food preparations, and tips on cooking in general.


Trips and Tips

I love to travel, so stories came naturally to me. Read about various encounters I had along the way through some exciting cities in Europe.


Twoee Tails

Here you will find stories about Twoee. Read about her run for presidency in 2016, her adventures with her pals, and how she got involved with Covid-19.


Writers’ Workshop

Keep up to date with the novel that I am writing…if I ever get it finished; and various other short stories.

PUTTING YOURSELF OUT THERE IS RISKY BUSINESS!

    When I first thought of taking donations for ice cream and turning the donations into dog food for distribution to Covid families trying to feed their pets, I was a little frightened.  The fact that I would be handing out ice cream in my driveway to strangers made me wonder if this was such a good idea.

    "Are you crazy? You can't have complete strangers coming to your house," one friend said. But I couldn't see any way around it. The ice cream was here and so was I soooo...

    What I didn't expect was to meet so many wonderful people.

    One of my first customers, Julie, who owns a beautiful horse farm, not only bought several containers, but she also made a sizeable donation to the cause.

    "I love what you're doing.  We're all animal lovers and want to be a part of this," she said.

    I almost cried!

    When Dr. Summer came to pick up her ice cream, I found out that she is not only an MD but a vintner who produces beautiful bottles of wine, and great jam!

    I met a man whose wife's a nurse practitioner and on the front lines fighting Covid.

    And then there's Laura who is supplying half the veterinarian clinics in San Diego with Twoee's Howlin Good Ice Cream.  Not only is she generous, but her husband Russell, also helped load boxes of dog food I had stored in my garage into my car for the weekly delivery to the San Diego Food Bank! 

A nice pairing!

    It can be scary putting yourself out there, but for me, the rewards far off set any fears that may be lingering. These folks and all the others who have given donations and made the trek to my home have made my life just that much better.

    THANK YOU!

    We are featuring a new flavor for the fall.  Darby's Drunkin' Punkin'

If you are a pumpkin pie lover you are going to love this ice cream.  It's rich creamy texture is filled with the essence of fresh pumpkin and all the incredible spices in a pumpkin pie.  Order early for Halloween and thanksgiving!

 WHAT'S IN TWOEE'S FREEZER TODAY?

Darby's Drunkin' Punkin'

Cooper's Caramel by the Sea

Monty's Marvelous Malt

Rupert's Rockin' Pralines and Cream 

Molly B's Mint

Kensi's Krazy Chocolate

Cooper's Chocolate Peanut Butter

Wallis' Wacky Walnut Maple

Verdell's Very Vanilla

Petunia's Peach (last of the season)

 A five-dollar donation for each approx. 8 oz. container is much appreciated.  If you wish to make a donation without the purchase of ice cream, please make your checks payable to St. James by the Sea Episcopal Church.  Please write Ice Cream in the memo line.  Thank you

Please feel free to contact me through pennehorn@sbcglobal.net or text me. Thanks


Comments

Popular Posts