If you are joining us for the first time…WELCOME! We hope you’ll enjoy your visit and subscribe (it’s free) to receive updates on what we are doing. There is a contact button that allows you to contact us at any time with questions, suggestions or if you’re displeased. We want to hear from you.


This blog originated in 2020. With the advent of Covid-19, I found myself locked in my house with my three-year-old wired hair Dachshund, Twoee. She taught me a lot during that first month and stayed by my side while we jumped from one thing to another…experimenting as we went along.


The site is arranged into four categories, each indicated by a picture of Twoee on the left. After all she did inspire me.


Penne’s Pantry

Cooking came late in life to me. After spending my career in boardrooms across the United States I found that I truly loved being at home in the kitchen. Here you will find recipes, videos of food preparations, and tips on cooking in general.


Trips and Tips

I love to travel, so stories came naturally to me. Read about various encounters I had along the way through some exciting cities in Europe.


Twoee Tails

Here you will find stories about Twoee. Read about her run for presidency in 2016, her adventures with her pals, and how she got involved with Covid-19.


Writers’ Workshop

Keep up to date with the novel that I am writing…if I ever get it finished; and various other short stories.

WHAT'S IN TWOEE'S FREEZER? 1-11-2021

 

The pandemic had gotten to me.  I was sick and tired of my house and my boring life.  I wanted out!

“Hey what are you doing for Christmas,” Heidi asked.  “Why don’t you and Twoee come to Pebble? I’m bringing Mom in.”  Heidi and Lou have a lovely home on the 18th hole overlooking the ocean at Pebble Beach.  They didn’t have to ask twice.  I packed a bag grabbed Twoee and headed north.  We only got lost once turning our six-hour drive into a nine-hour drive.


Cooper their very large black lab came lumbering up to the car to greet us. Twoee immediately jumped up, bonked him on the nose. then raced into the house where she found his lambskin rug and rolled all over it making it hers. Cooper slinked off into a corner and ignored her.


Lou loves Twoee.  In fact, I think the only reason I get invited is because… Lou loves Twoee.  He’s constantly holding her, or talking to her, or trying to play with a toy with her, and she loves him. 

Heidi and I have an established routine.  We  rise early, grab a bite to eat then head out the door with the dogs. Unlike our beach of long expanses of sand preceded by a concrete boardwalk with swaying palm trees, Pebble has emerald green rolling hills of the golf course that meander down to the scrub grass. Weathered pine trees, blown by the wind dot the landscape. Beyond lies white sand and foamy waves of the Pacific Ocean. There are no surfers or paddle boarders, just a craggy coast with rocks and salt spray that crash over them.

In the afternoon we leave the dogs with Lou and head out for a hike at various locations.  One day when we returned Lou was sitting in the living room with Twoee on his lap.

“This is the smartest dog…oh, she knows what she wants…and she lets me know it,” Lou said. Now, I know my dog, and I know there’s really only one thing that drives her…FOOD.  I raced to the laundry room. Her food was gone.  She would go up to Lou, bark then run towards the laundry room. He would follow her.  Once in the room she’d look up at her food and bark again.  He’d feed her!  She had him trained.

Christmas was lovely and it was just the break I needed.  Now that we’re home, I’m back into full production and the ice cream is flowing. Or churning! I hope your Holiday was bright and we are all looking forward to a better, healthier 2021!

What’s in Twoee’s Freezer?

 Cooper’s Caramel by the sea- If there was an ice cream to surpass Berthillon’s of Paris, this is the one.  It’s velvety caramel flavor bursts with the excitement of sea salt and teases your senses.

Pepper’s Peppermint- Now you can enjoy this seasonal flavor year-round! Pepper’s Peppermints velvety texture wraps itself around small chips of peppermint stick candy canes.

 Charlies Crazy Coconut-A rich blend of Tahitian vanilla bean, coconut milk and coconut cream churned to perfection.  Add a little fresh coconut and you're back in the islands.

Wallis’s Wacky Walnut-A perfect autumn dessert.  The taste of Maple swirls through this rich vanilla ice cream and roasted walnuts explode in your mouth.  One of Twoee’s best ice creams. 

Barley’s butterscotch ripple- For those with a discriminating palate. A blend of true butterscotch made with fresh butter and bourbon. This ice cream is thick with a caramel ribbon swirled in every container.

Kensi’s Krazy Chocolate-A chocolate lovers’ dream.  Rich dark chocolate blends with the sweet flavor of milk chocolate into a smooth creamy chocolate truffle that melts in your mouth.

Bula’s Banana Bark-The rich taste of banana and chocolate tease your tongue while  chocolate truffles swirls through the luscious banana cream.


 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts