If you are joining us for the first time…WELCOME! We hope you’ll enjoy your visit and subscribe (it’s free) to receive updates on what we are doing. There is a contact button that allows you to contact us at any time with questions, suggestions or if you’re displeased. We want to hear from you.


This blog originated in 2020. With the advent of Covid-19, I found myself locked in my house with my three-year-old wired hair Dachshund, Twoee. She taught me a lot during that first month and stayed by my side while we jumped from one thing to another…experimenting as we went along.


The site is arranged into four categories, each indicated by a picture of Twoee on the left. After all she did inspire me.


Penne’s Pantry

Cooking came late in life to me. After spending my career in boardrooms across the United States I found that I truly loved being at home in the kitchen. Here you will find recipes, videos of food preparations, and tips on cooking in general.


Trips and Tips

I love to travel, so stories came naturally to me. Read about various encounters I had along the way through some exciting cities in Europe.


Twoee Tails

Here you will find stories about Twoee. Read about her run for presidency in 2016, her adventures with her pals, and how she got involved with Covid-19.


Writers’ Workshop

Keep up to date with the novel that I am writing…if I ever get it finished; and various other short stories.

WHAT'S IN TWOEE'S FREEZER?

Thanksgiving is a time for reflection.

Being alone in San Diego for so many years I had always relied on friends and extended family.   Now with Covid that has all changed.  “Families” are quarantining together and are fearful, with good reason, of having their bubble broken.

 

Being with my family is like shooting from the hip. You never know where they’ve been or who they’ve been with. My nephew and his son drive race cars and had just gotten back from a race in Las Vegas. My nieces are in college…need I say more?  They camp out every Thanksgiving in their motor homes at Vail Lake.  A gourmet meal is prepared in radiant ovens, and butane stoves and is served outside on a decorated table complete with overhead lighting and candles on the table. Like so many families we go around the table and say what we are thankful for.  It made me realize just how thankful I am to be with them. 

It also made me think of the folks who don’t have a family, like the children of Vida Joven. Although they do not celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas is a special time and because of you this Christmas will be extra special.  I want to thank each and every one of you for supporting these children with your generous donations.  As of today, we have donated $1,965.00, and there’s still three weeks left to go!  THANK YOU. 

 What’s in Twoee’s Freezer?

 

Pepper’s Christmas Peppermint- It wouldn’t be Christmas without peppermint ice cream.  Pepper’s Christmas Peppermints velvety texture wraps itself around small chips of peppermint stick candy canes.

 

Lucy’s Limoncello- A true lemon lover’s ecstasy.  It will pucker your lips. Laced with Limoncello in a creamy lemon base.

 

Wallis’s Wacky Walnut-A perfect autumn dessert.  The taste of Maple swirls through this vanilla ice cream and roasted walnuts explode in your mouth.  One of Twoee’s best ice creams.

 

Kensi’s Krazy Chocolate-A chocolate lovers’ dream.  Rich dark chocolate blends with the sweet flavor of milk chocolate into a smooth creamy chocolate truffle that melts in your mouth.

 

Barley’s butterscotch ripple- For those with a discriminating palate. A blend of true butterscotch made with fresh butter and bourbon. This ice cream is thick with a caramel ribbon swirled in every container.

 

Toby’s Tail Waggin’ Toffee-Rich caramel ice cream explodes with the flavor of pecans steeped in maple syrup and bits of bittersweet and milk chocolate. You’ll think of English Toffee when you taste this ice cream.

 

Louise’s Luscious Espresso Latte – For the purest of espresso lovers, Louise’s Latte, will satisfy your love for your first cup of coffee.  Its uninterrupted smooth texture will delight your coffee urge! 

 

Verdell’s Vanilla (As Good as it Gets!) Tahitian Vanilla beans blended with Vanilla paste give this rich vanilla taste to an extra creamy ice cream.

 

(All flavors have limited amounts.  Any order of 10 or more of the same flavor can have your name printed on the label with a Christmas wreath to make it more festive. Please order this week for delivery the week of December 20th.)


 

   

Comments

Popular Posts